The story of the trio's friendship is intertwined with Harry's own tale. In the summer after their sixth year at Hogwarts, Harry wanted to make sure they were really prepared to go with him to find the Horcruxes. Hermione responded by saying, "We're coming with you. That was decided months ago - years, really." Indeed, Ron and Hermione cemented their places by Harry's side when they insisted on coming with him to protect the Philosopher's Stone back in their first year.
Hermione introduced herself on the Hogwarts Express and quickly told Harry that she knew all about him from the variety of books she had read. However, this didn't really endear her to Harry and it wasn't until Halloween that they became friends. Ron and Harry saved Hermione from a troll attack, and she in turn covered for them by lying to some of the teachers. From that point on, the three were the best of friends.
Just the facts:
- Even before becoming friends, Hermione tried to keep Harry out of trouble.
- Hermione (and Ron) helped Harry through the obstacles protecting the Philosopher's Stone.
- In an awkward moment, the two shared a hug as Hermione told Harry that she now realized how important friendship really was.
- Harry was quite disheartened to not hear anything from his friends during the summer. He soon learned it was all due to the Malfoy's house-elf.
- Thanks to Hermione's brilliance, she was able to produce a Polyjuice Potion for the trio to use to question Draco.
- Hermione was attacked and petrified by the Basilisk. She left clues that helped Ron and Harry solve the mystery and save Ginny Weasley. She was delighted upon discovering they had figured it out.
- Hermione tried to get Harry to listen to reason and not even think about going after Sirius Black.
- With the danger of Sirius Black around them, Hermione became more protective of Harry. She attempted to get him to turn the Marauder's Map in. She greatly angered him when she told McGonagall about the Firebolt he had received with no note. But, like many of their rows, it did not last.
- Hermione, with the help of her time-turner, helped Harry travel through time and save Sirius.
- Hermione was really the only student to stand by Harry's side after his named was pulled from the Goblet of Fire.
- She helped him prepare for the first task by working on learning the Summoning Charm.
- She evidently spent the entire Task being extremely worried as Harry noticed she had fingernail marks all over her face.
- Hermione was relieved and exasperated at the same time when Ron and Harry finally reconcile.
- Hermione tried to get Harry and Ron involved in SPEW.
- Harry did not recognize Hermione when she was dressed up for the Yule Ball.
- Harry helped set things right between Hermione and Mrs. Weasley who had mistakenly thought Hermione had broken Harry's heart.
- Hermione was very excited to see Harry again, and hugs him.
- Hermione helped Harry have a better year by coming up with the idea for Dumbledore's Army and getting an interview with Harry published in Quibbler.
- Hermione also helped him in his attempt to have a relationship with Cho Chang.
- At the end of the year, Hermione attempted to calm Harry when he wanted to rush off to the Ministry of Magic because he thought Sirius was in trouble. She insisted they determine first if Sirius was really missing.
- Their plans were thwarted by Umbridge, but Hermione managed to get rid of her so they can find Sirius.
- He truly regrets his mistake of falling into Voldemort's trap when Hermione was seriously injured.
- Harry told Hermione and Ron about the prophecy and felt better immediately.
- Hermione tried to warn Harry against using the Half-Blood Prince's Potion book. The fact that he continued to use only increased Hermione's annoyance as time went on.
- The trio broke into two again as Hermione and Ron could not longer get along once Ron started dating Lavender Brown.
- Hermione was happy for Harry when he and Ginny got together.
- Hermione used her old enchanted galleons (from Dumbledore's Army) to rally Neville and Luna to help keep on eye on Draco at Harry's request.
- Like Ron, Hermione promised to go with Harry to find the Horcruxes.
- Hermione did a memory modification spell on her parents so they wouldn't remember her so she could help Harry without worrying about her parents.
- Hermione showed how well she understands Harry when she correctly predicts Harry's response to Moody's plan to extract him from the Dursleys house.
- Hermione kept her devotion to the Horcrux cause, even though it caused her great pain when Ron left.
- She was at Harry's side when they visit Godric's Hollow to pay respects to Harry's parents.
- Hermione was devastated when she broke Harry's wand.
- Hermione tried to help Harry stay focused on the Horcruxes instead of dwelling on the Hallows.
- After the battle, Harry only wanted to be with Ron and Hermione.
Harry first came across the Weasleys at King's Cross, between platform 9 and 10. It was Ron's mother who helped Harry make it to the Hogwarts Express. Harry found himself joined by Ron in the train later. The two fast became friends.
Just the facts:
- From Ron, Harry learned more about the wizarding world without being made to feel stupid.
- Although showing initial reluctance, Ron and Hermione accompanied Harry to find the Sorcerer's Stone.
- Ron performs brilliantly in a game of chess, and sacrifices himself (to no lasting damage, though) so the other two could continue on.
- Ron, Fred and George rescued Harry from the Dursley's in a flying car.
- The two took the same car again to get to Hogwarts when the gateway to Platform 9 and Three-Quarters was blocked.
- In an attempt to learn the identity of the Heir of Slytherin, Ron and Harry used Polyjuice Potion to transform into Goyle and Crabbe in order to talk to Malfoy.
- The two are forced to figure out the Chamber of Secrets on their own when Hermione is petrified.
- Ron tried to call Harry on the phone, but ended up yelling at Vernon Dursley instead.
- Ron and Hermione started sniping at each other with more and more frequency over Scabbers and Crookshanks, much to Harry's annoyance.
- Ron is angered when the Firebolt is taken away at Hermione's suggestion. The trio's friendship is later renewed over concern about Buckbeak's fate.
- When the trio faced Sirius Black, Ron defended Harry and tells Sirius he'd have to kill him and Hermione in order to get at at Harry.
- Ron was forced to sit out the journey with the time-turner after sustaining some injuries.
- Ron had a hard time believing that Harry didn't enter himself into the Triwizard Tournament. After the dragon task, Ron and Harry reconcile and Ron starts helping Harry with the other tasks.
- The two supported each other when it comes to finding partners for the Yule Ball.
- After the big argument between Ron and Hermione following the Yule Ball, Harry refused to tell Ron that Hermione was right because he values finally being able to talk to Ron again too much.
- For the second task, Ron was taken under the Hogwarts Lake as Harry's "hostage" for the challenge.
- After Harry won the Tournament, he gave his winnings to Fred and George. He asked them to buy a new set of dress robes for Ron.
- Harry stewed his anger over the summer and unleashes on Ron and Hermione when he sees them at Grimmauld Place.
- Harry was jealous of Ron when he is chosen to be a prefect.
- Harry tried to do his best to convince Ron that he was a good Keeper.
- Ron seemed pleased when Harry and Cho hooked up.
- Due to the connection between Harry and Voldemort, Harry witnessed an attack on Ron's dad and saved his life.
- When Harry dreamt that Sirius had been taken by Voldemort, Ron was the first to believe him because Harry had already proved those visions could be true.
- Harry was relieved that his friends kept treating him like normal after learning about the prophecy.
- Ron tried out to be the Quidditch Keeper. Harry gave him the spot thanks to some confounding by Hermione.
- When Ron was nervous about the upcoming Quidditch game, Harry pretended to slip Felix Felicis in his drink. Ron really believed he was suddenly lucky, and performed well in the match.
- The trio broke apart when Ron started dating Lavender Brown.
- Thanks to the Half-Blood Prince's book, Harry was able to save Ron (with a bezoar) from a deadly poison.
- Harry debated for a long time about perusing Ginny because he did not want to ruin his friendship with Ron. In the end, Ron was sort of okay with Harry and Ginny going out.
- Ron and Hermione insisted on going with Harry to find the Horcruxes, but Ron reminded him they still have to go to Bill and Fleur's wedding first.
- Ron and his family worked on the family ghoul to make him look like Ron with spattergroit so the Ministry wouldn't go after the Weasleys to find Harry.
- Ron was angered when he walked on Harry and Ginny kissing because Harry was making the situation more difficult for her.
- Due to the strain of the locket Horcrux and other factors, Ron left the Horcrux hunt for some time.
- With help from the Deluminator, Ron found his friends again. He saved Harry from a frozen pond where the sword of Gryffindor was hidden. With the sword, Ron destroyed the locket Horcrux.
- While Harry started getting lost among the story of the Deathly Hallows, Ron took over the Horcrux hunt temporarily.
- Once Voldemort was defeated, Harry had to escape the weary crowd in order to be with Ron and Hermione.
Nineteen year later, the trio are still friends, and are now very much grown up with their own families.